Importance of Visiting Dental Clinics Regularly
They say numbers do not lie and if that is so, Canadians have a serious dental care problem. The Canadian Dental Association’s (CDA) reports that 7 out of 10 people develop gum disease in their lifetime. A study at a Calgary Hospital by Canadian Dental Hygienists Association (CDHA) reported 70% of hospital visits were due to dental disease.
Where did the rain start beating this great nation? Of course it has to be at childhood when parents give in to kids’ persuasion and avoid dental clinics.
Regular Dental Visits as a Panacea
When you understand why regular dental care is important you will be able to avoid exacerbation of the situation. Dental visits involve two stages:
- • Check-up: Your family dentist uses the latest technology to check for any dental problems such as cavities, plaque, tartar, crooked teeth, chipping and other advanced signs of oral cancer among other issues.
- • Cleaning: This involves use of specialized equipment to remove stubborn tartar through scaling and polishing. You will also receive flossing as well as professional cleaning advice.
- Why should you have a Calgary emergency dentist on call for regular dental visits? Look:
- • You get a better outlook to life through a beautiful smile that gives you more self-confidence to face each new day.
- • You avoid steep medical bills that come with advanced teeth problems such as gingivitis and periodontal disease.
- • You avoid dental conditions that could deteriorate to serious diseases such as oral cancer.
- • You are able to avoid bad breath.
It might be cliché but prevention is better than cure. You should not see a visit to dental clinics as a task but an obligation. If you need an emergency dentist to attend to you any time, call (403) 254-0406 now.