Why You Should Choose Invisalign or Invisible Braces over Ordinary Braces?
If you have a problem with crooked teeth or a loved one does, you appreciate how agonizing this condition can be. This is a problem mostly affecting young adults and teenagers.
Due to their sensitive nature, it is crucial to get the best and fastest solution to straighten their teeth.
When you straighten your teeth, you get back your much deserved smile. With this comes a better outlook to life. Metal braces have always been used but with medical advances, there are better options including clear plastic braces.
Invisalign Braces Technology Explained
If you went through school with metal braces, it is likely you still shudder when you think about those nicknames and bullying you had to undergo. Your orthodontist today will most likely recommend custom made teeth aligners.
These aligners are made of smooth and comfortable plastic that is invisible when worn over your teeth. They work gradually to shift your teeth back to place thus giving you that much desired smile.
This technology involves taking of three-dimensional impressions of your teeth. In addition, X-rays and pictures are useful to get the exact impression in 3D and map out a treatment plan.
In essence, your orthodontist gets a clear picture of where your teeth need to be in order to make custom-sized invisible braces. The BPA-plastic aligners molding takes place and you are given to for use over a set period based on how your teeth condition is.
Invisalign vs. Metal Braces
Information is power and nowhere is this more apt than in medicine. As such, you need to understand why these clear aligners are better than traditional braces. Reasons include:
• Discreet teeth straightening: You will not have to show everyone that you are undergoing some dental procedure. It is thus convenient.
• No limits on diet: You will be able to eat all types of meal because clear plastic aligners are removable any time allowing you to eat that favorite dish. Whether you want to chew on cobs or bones, you are free to do so.
• Better hygiene: You will also remove these braces in order to brush your teeth hence maintaining perfect oral hygiene.
• Comfort: You will experience no irritability when you wear clear braces. On the other hand, traditional metal braces can hurt your sensitive gums if they have loose sharp ends.
• Shorter treatment period: Metal braces generally take about 2 years to straighten your teeth. However, Invisalign braces that requires replacing every two weeks, use about 4-6 months depending on the severity of your teeth crowding.
• Durability: Traditional braces are prone to breakages and loosening, thus calling for more dentists visits. However, clear aligners are less likely to break because you will remove them during meals.
Truth be told, there is no comparison between metal and invisible braces. It is simply the power of technology working for your family.