Emergency Dentist: Savior When in Severe Pain
What is the one medical issue you fear most? A National Health Interview Survey in 2011 found out that dental emergencies are the most dreaded aspects of health care. Well, if you have ever experienced such a problem, you will concur with this study.
What is even worse is the fact that such conditions always arise at the most inopportune time. Getting a dentist at such a time can also be tricky, which exacerbates your pain. It is no wonder respondents in this study recall such trauma. Luckily, things have now changed and you can easily get an established emergency dentist in your neighborhood.
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
Truth be told, most problems that have to do with teeth are painful and totally uncomfortable. As such, they need to be corrected promptly through surgery or other medical remedies, this expert deems fit. Some of these problems include:
- Fractured jaw or broken dentures
- Bleeding or swollen gums
- Toothache due to pulpal inflammation, cellulitis, abscess and other conditions
- Loose crowns
- Root canal problems
- Wisdom teeth discomfort
- Lost teeth which can be replaced with Cerec Crowns
There are many other issues that will cause untold pain and trauma, and the rule of thumb is to immediately visit your specialist.
Remedying Dental Emergencies
Once your doctor examines the problem, they will come up with a prompt remedy. This is one major reason for leveraging their expertise because they have sophisticated equipment and training to correctly diagnose the problem and remedy it. Some common treatments include:
- Painkillers: This is a traditional solution though in most cases it does not solve the underlying problem, especially where your root canal is affected.
- Topical anesthetic gel: This is used to treat infections, and while it will work with time, it is easily washed by saliva.
- Tooth extraction: In case of loose teeth, your dentist will give hygienic removal to avoid further discomfort and give you antibiotics.
- Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics or Cerec Crowns: This is considered the most sophisticated solution to chipped or missing teeth through ceramic restoration technology. It is done through CAD/CAM system technology to produce perfect crowns, inlays, onlays and porcelain veneers.
CEREC technology is considered the most durable for decay and discoloration. What’s more, it is done while you wait thus saving you both time and money.
When picking a local emergency dentist, make sure you look at their training and ADA certification to ensure you get professional services. It is also good to get referrals from friends and family in order to pick a reliable professional.
Your doctor must also offer comprehensive services in case of an emergency to ensure such a condition does not worsen thus compromising future denture outlook. As you know, these problems always get you by surprise, so why not have a fall back plan today?